Drawing Rules and Guidelines
- The Sponsor of the Mississippi Public Broadcasting (“MPB”) Giveaways is the MPB Foundation, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211.
Who May Enter
- The Giveaways are open to residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and its territories and possessions who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction as of the date of entry into the Giveaway, unless specified otherwise by MPB Foundation with respect to any particular Giveaway.
- Employees of MPB, MPB Foundation and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses), and persons living in the same household of an employee (whether related or not) are not eligible to win a prize.
- Offer is void where prohibited.
How to Enter
- The Giveaways will begin and end at the times specified by MPB. Equipment owned by MPB, MPB Foundation and third parties employed by the MPB Foundation shall serve as the official time keeping devices for all Giveaways.
- Entry methods for Giveaways will be specified by MPB and entries must be received during the time periods specified.
- Entries must be submitted in the manner specified by MPB. The use of any automated system to enter a Giveaway is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address or telephone number used in connection with the Giveaway will be deemed the entrant.
- Each participant acknowledges that he/she has read, understands and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. By submitting an entry, you warrant that your entry complies with all the requirements set out in these Official Rules and as otherwise specified by MPB and the MPB Foundation.
- Winners will be determined according to the method specified by MPB, at MPB’s sole and exclusive discretion.
- No purchase or payment is necessary.
- A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning.
- Due to the time delay between the radio station’s over-the-air signal and its online webcast, online listeners may hear Giveaway information or a cue to call the station later than over-the-air listeners may. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning a Giveaway may be diminished. The odds of winning are generally dependent on either the number of entries received or your place in line when needed to call in to the station.
- Winners are subject to verification by MPB and/or the MPB Foundation for compliance with these Official Rules.
- Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and/or a release agreement to win a prize.
- In the event a winner is disqualified for any reason, MPB may award the prize to an alternate winner, or not award the prize at all.
- Prizes will be as specified by Sponsor.
- All prizes won by minors will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian.
- All winners hereby grant MPB the right to use his/her name and likeness in promotional materials relating to the station.
- The prizes are not transferable, nor are there substitutions or cash redemptions, except at MPB’s discretion if any of the prizes become unavailable.
- MPB and the MPB Foundation assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize.
- A winner’s list may be obtained after the conclusion of any Giveaway by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the MPB Foundation at the address listed above.
Other Important Information
- MPB’s and MPB Foundation’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaways.
- Entries become the property of MPB and the MPB Foundation and will not be returned.
- MPB and the MPB Foundation is not liable for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or incorrect entries.
- No mechanically reproduced or faxes will be accepted.
- All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- MPB and the MPB Foundation are not responsible for any tampering with this Giveaway (e.g., hackers, viruses, automated entry devices, and other). MPB reserves the right to terminate or modify any Giveaway at any time in case of technical failures or other issues outside of its control. MPB also reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Official Rules.
- The information MPB collects about entrants through the Giveaways will be used only for the purposes of administering the Giveaways and for no other purpose (except for MPB’s right to use winners’ names and likenesses in promotional materials relating to the station).
- By entering any Giveaway, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless MPB and the MPB Foundation and their officers, directors, employees and agents, from all claims, losses, damages and liabilities arising out of their participation in the Giveaways and the acceptance of any prize awarded hereunder.
- This Giveaway shall be governed by the laws of the State of Mississippi, without regard to its conflict of law rules. The forum for any dispute shall be in Mississippi.